Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Boss, The Keeper of Wisdom

Today, I'd like to honor an American hero.


Still a babe, after all these years. And a keeper of wisdom.

"In the third grade a nun stuffed me in a garbage can under her desk because, she said, that's where I belonged."

"There ain't a nothing I play on stage that can't be traced back directly to my mother and father."

"I didn't even make it to class clown. I had nowhere near that amount of notoriety. I didn't have the flair to be a complete jerk. It was like I didn't exist. It was the wall, then me."

"I just sit down and fuck around for a couple of hours. Usually something comes up. I sit down and I work on the song, and I sit down and work on it some more, then some more and some more."

"What you do if someone doesn't understand your song is you keep singing it."



"I had a lot of overblown romance but it still contained the seeds of realism."

Regarding "Darkness on the Edge of Town": "The characters aren't kids. They're older - you been beat, you been hurt. But there's still hope, there's always hope. They throw dirt on you all your life, and some people get buried so deep in the dirt that they'll never get out. The album is about people who will never admit that they're buried that deep."

"That sense of dread, man - it's everywhere. It's outside, it's inside, it's in the bedroom, it's on the street."

"If you're going to stand up and say, 'I'm an American', that means you've got some responsibility to America."

"The trappings and stuff are a joke. The only fun of sitting in a limousine was if you weren't supposed to be in it."

"I was 14 when I first made love. And when I'd done it I didn't know if I'd one it or not."

"It ain't about two cars in the garage. It's about people living and working together without stepping on each other."

"I was raised Catholic and everybody who was raised Catholic hates religion. They hate it, they can't stand it."

"If you do not develop the skills to interpret information you're going to easily be manipulated, or you're going to walk around simply confused and ineffectual and powerless."



Bruce, we love you here at Thank You, Weed. Always an inspiration, keep imparting that precious wisdom. And if you've got any extra concert tickets in the Northeast on your upcoming tour, let us know. We couldn't afford tickets.

-Puff Pastry

No comments:

Post a Comment